Currently, it relies in the concept of high-intensity interval training (HIIT) which allows looping around multiple exercises with fixed rest and workout/training times, like Tabata.
Tabata is a form of HIIT based on a study by Izumi Tabata. It initially consisted of one exercise carried out intensively during 20 seconds with 10 seconds of rest after it. This exercise was looped 8 times, giving a total of 4 minutes.
It provides the ability for users to define/plan their own (multiple) workouts/trainings by defining lists of exercises and custom timings.
Wrkout is a featureful and supported version of Tabata Trainer, an HIIT free app which you can test and see if you like, prior to purchasing Wrkout.
Features already provided by Tabata Trainer:
- HIIT timer;
- Start/pause/stop controls;
- Definition of rest and exercise time;
- Definition of the number of rounds;
- Definition of any number of exercises, with textual descriptions, that form a custom workout/training;
- Text-to-speech engine to read exercises' names to guide users throughout their workouts/trainings;
- Sound alerts: Resting; Exercising; Darth Vader breath stimulator; Workout completed;
- Languages supported: English, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian and French;
- No ads and no special access permissions required;
- Sound, speech and display sleeping mode configurable;
- Ability to share current workout;
- Horizontal layout and Tablet support!
Unique features provided by Wrkout in comparison to Tabata Trainer:
- Definition of multiple workouts/trainings for quick selection;
- Free reordering of exercises in each workout/training;
- Definition of warm-up time and round rest time;
- Future features.
Main keywords: workout, fitness, training, hiit, tabata.